Wednesday, January 27, 2016

January 25, 2016 Week 48 B-ball game & facials & Dalin H. Oaks

Hola familia!!

This week went by super fast. This is a 7 week transfer due to last transfer only being 5 weeks due to  missionaries returning home before Christmas. Next transfer will also be a 7 week transfer to compensate for the 3 week MTC time change. It's sad because I've spent 5 transfers here in Caldwell and I don't even have the same amount of transfers left before I finish my mission. I want to be home and be with family, but I want my mission to feel like I completed the whole amount of time, I feel jipped! Haha!  I want a do-over.

This past Monday we went to a less active family and celebrated one of their daughters' birthdays! It was a lot of fun and made me happy that we were there to share this special day with little Caty. 

Wednesday was a full day for us, in the morning we had a special training broadcasted live from Salt Lake. The entire missionary board and other members of the quorum of the twelve were there to talk to all the missionaries around the world about things we need help focusing on. I took copious amounts of notes and still feel like I didn't write enough. It was a fantastic meeting.  I learned a few things that I am applying now. One of the things I really liked was something that Dallin H. Oaks said, "Good Christian living, and good intentions can't bring people to salvation, it has to be through the waters of baptism." It also reminded me of a talk also given by Dallin H. Oaks called "Have You Been Saved?", that was included in our Timeless Treasures booklet. (President Cannon puts together a yearly edition of compiled talks and discussions and gives a copy to every missionary in the Idaho Nampa mission) I enjoyed reading that a lot and I suggest that everyone read that talk from Dallin H. Oaks. 

On Wednesday evening, we went to a middle school basketball game to support an investigator whom the English sisters in our district are teaching. Last week on exchanges, I met the family and promised them I would come to his first game of the season.  I even made posters and everything! We got there on time, which is a rare for us because of the missionary, Mexican, Mormon, Mujer standard time that works against us. It was soooo awkward for us to walk in and have everybody staring at us. I'm used to catching people's glances because of our proselyting outfits, but this time it was different. I felt so out of place and unwanted. It made me feel a little bit like the Savior when he walked into places where he knew he was un-liked and unwanted and felt uncomfortable. But it wasn't long until we met up with the other sisters and we sat and cheered in our little fan group. It was super cool because at the end of the game, his team won:)

Thursday we had a weekly planning. This is where we have the chance to do paperwork and organize our activities for the upcoming week. This is also where we get to do comp inventory, most of the time it's uncomfortable because you never know if your comp can take criticism or not. Smith has only been out 4 transfers which means she's still pretty green, so she still has a lot to learn. Being with her has been difficult because she was just switched to Spanish, it's as if she has to be trained all over again, but she also does not feel confident with her skills and becomes discouraged often. This has been hard for me because not only do I have to buoy her up but I also have to do the same with myself. I took this comp inventory time to sit her down and tell her the things she needed to hear, and I tried to do it as lovingly yet straightforward as I could. After a long talk, we hugged and everything turned out better than I hoped it would. This is exactly what you call tough love. I love Smith with all of my heart and I want nothing more than for her to succeed and to reach her full potential. I have learned not everybody is like me, but you know what? I'm glad it's that way. 

This is the last week of the transfer and I'm 80% sure that I am getting transferred. I am writing thank you notes to all the people that I know here that have influenced me for the good and am planning on taking pictures with them, so expect a million pictures next week if it happens.

Have a great week familia!

Hermana Moss:)















No comments:

Post a Comment