Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Week 49 February 1, 2016 Leaving Caldwell!

Hola familia!

This week was super crazy!!!! My head is still spinning.  Saturday morning we got transfer calls.  Guess what?  I am getting transferred back to Ontario.  The Caldwell area has had a sweep.  No one is staying.  I am super excited to go back. Except this time I have more experience under my belt, now I have new skills, and a new calling.  I am so honored.  I get to spend this transfer with Hermana Ekonomo, who is also a STL. She will be showing me the ropes and help me transition back into Ontario. The sad part is that she only has this transfer left before she finishes her mission:( You know what this reminds me of? Hern had a series of 1 companions and 1 transfer in and out before she got changed again- and now it's happening to me! I had Collins, then Smith, and now Ekonomo.... I hope I get to train one of the new hermanas coming in next transfer. I need some life to the death experiences haha!

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! I definitely don't feel 20, but I guess it will sink in soon enough. I'm getting older!!

Monday night we tried to visit several different families, but none of them were home or they didn't have time to see us! It was discouraging but we decided to go home because we had some house keeping things to. After about 20 minutes, Smith tried to talk me into going back out to one more family. But silly old me started giving her logical excuses for why we shouldn't. Shot down, Smith answered a phone call and when I asked who it was, she tried to avoid telling me, so that got me a  little suspicious. Then out of nowhere, we get a knock on our door and it was Hern and Hawn with bags of birthday decorations and gifts!!!! Turns out Smith was in charge of getting me out of the house so they could come decorate so it would be a surprise when I got home, but nothing worked out according to their plan so they gave up and just came over.  We all had a great night together! Lots of laughs, fun and birthday brownies:) Guti also sent me a very thoughtful birthday present. I have had amazing companions!!!!!  Thanks hermanas.

Anticipating transfers, we spent nearly the entire week visiting people and saying goodbye:( I cried the first night and then I was okay. We saw and took pictures with nearly 30 families!!! And to each of them I wrote them a thank you note either in English or Spanish.. My fingers hurt from writing so much!! UGHHH! I hate goodbyes. 

Smith allowed me to cut her hair! It has been something I have been asking her to do since we've been together. She has had short short hair before and it looks super good! She is my inspiration to cut my hair short like hers one day. It was about 10 inches long and I cut off about 6 or 7 inches.. we took a video and it was pretty dramatic haha.  I might have a future in hair cutting.  (after nursing school that is).

On Friday morning, I got a call from President Cannon while we were at Juan's house making tamales. He asked if I would accept a calling as a Sister Training Leader.  I was mind blown and immediately started thinking how inadequate I was and how nervous I am to assume the responsibility. President likes asking the Spanish hermanas to be STLs. I know the Lord knows my heart and will strengthen me as well as teach me. I am interested to see what He has in store for me as I start with a position in leadership. 

Last night was exhausting, Smith had to stay up until 1 in the morning and we stayed up till 3 getting all of our stuff packed....I have accumulated so much junk on my mission. Just kidding it's not junk, its memories haha! I don't think it has hit me yet that I have left Caldwell.  I miss it.

Welp familia.. That's all I can think of for now. In the past 48 hours I have zipped up so many bags that my fingers and palms are blistered and they are starting to hurt when I type. 

Enjoy the photos!! I love you all:)

Hermana Moss



















No comments:

Post a Comment