Friday, January 1, 2016

December 28, 2015 Week 44

Hola familia!!!

I have soooo much to say, literally everything happened!!!! But first I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!! I loved seeing the family and catching up with you all.  I love you so much.

On Monday, Hawn, Hern, Smith and I made turkey tamales on the 24th :) All I have to say is the turkey was fresh!

On Wednesday we had a special Christmas Conference back in my greenie area in Ontario!!! We left early so I could see the Meza family!!!! Only Santiago, Kimberly, Juanito, and Alison were home though. They are still going strong and it was so good to see them doing so well :) Then we went to see the Mills family!!! I loved reconnecting, I don't think I ever smiled so hard. The actual conference was really cool! We had a white elephant exchange, a sing-along, and watched a movie called 'Miracle Maker'. Overall it was the funnest conference I ever attended. 

On Christmas Eve, Hawn, Hern, Smith and I made 200 tamales at Juan's. Then we went to an investigator's house and make 100 more! My hands and finger nails smelled of masa for the next 2 days.  On Saturday, all 4 of us, along with some of the Spanish elders went to do some service at the Benitez'.  We helped them take out their floorboards and carpet so they could remodel. Then we all went to the Palominos to help them move. I was super sore the next day, but it is fun to serve the people of Nampa!!  :P 

Christmas day was awesome!!! We spent the day visiting people and eating, it was glorious. Of course, the best part of the day was face-timing fam!! Thank y'all for inviting me to share my testimony in Spanish. As soon as we were done, I realized that my Spanish isn't as bad as when I started!! I finally feel like I'm comfortable speaking.  On Sunday, I was asked to translate some Spanish talks into english for Sacrament meeting; I'm not sure how fluid or accurate it was, but I feel like I am getting better all the time.

On Sunday, we woke up and got ready to go to church, but as we left the driveway I noticed that my right tire was completely flat!!!!! Being the driver, I know for a fact that I didn't pop it or anything. No biggie, I drove it carefully back to where we normally park it and I began to set myself up to take the tire off and put the spare on. I am solo glad dad taught me how to change a tire, because Smith had no idea how to do it. It was snowing this morning, which means it was super cold. I went back inside to put warmer clothes on and when I came out the ward mission leader drove up and offered to help us. He came completely out of nowhere!!! I soon realized that the task was easier said than done because the snow made it difficult for the jack to have stable ground to sit on. We eventually got the donut on and we thanked Brother Allred before he left. Smith and I got into the car and I offered a prayer of gratitude. I started bawling!!! Heavenly Father knew that we needed help, even though we didn't ask, he knew exactly the right person to send at the exact moment that we needed help. It was a miracle. It reminded me of the scripture on my plaque from D&C 84:88. He is watching over His missionaries and I definitely felt the hand of God this cold, early Sunday morning. 

Alright familia! Have a great New Year!! Los Quiero mucho:)

Hermana Moss













No comments:

Post a Comment