Wednesday, December 23, 2015

December 21, 2015 Week 43 Week of Christmas

Hola familia!

This week we had a zone meeting and normally the ZL's go to the office to bring back supplies, packages, and letters, etc. When I got to the table and saw the mountain of packages with my name on it, I felt so loved haha! Thanks family!! :)

This week we haven't taught many lessons, but the ones we did teach were solid! We found several new investigators ,which is really exciting!!! Like I said last week, Smithy is a great companion. It is difficult for her to speak and feel confident in the language, but the good news is that I was where she was when I first came out too and it seems like I know the exact counsel she needs to hear. Oh I remember the tears, the stress and the frustration- but there is hope because it can only get better from there. 

I love this time of year when everybody is nicer to us. We take full advantage of all the opportunities people invite us to come into their homes. Last week it snowed a good couple of inches and I had to re-learn how to drive in the snow! It was a nightmare, but thankfully the snow melted the next afternoon. I turned into a bit of a scrooge that day because driving in the snow is dangerous and I don't have any experience. Who knew this southern girl would have to get comfortable with all of this white stuff falling out of the sky?! This week it has been raining a lot, and it looks like we aren't going to have a white Christmas.  All the other missionaries have been complaining, but you won't hear a peep from me haha! 

On Saturday we had our Spanish ward Christmas fiesta! It was a little disappointing because none of the dozens of people we invited showed up:(  Many of the ward members got together to put on a nativity show, complete with decorations, and lots of songs! They had asked me to direct the songs during the practices, but the day of the party they decided they didn't need me anymore. I wasn't upset about that because during the actual performance it sounded like 2 trains colliding together!!! Anyway, the other half of the fiesta turned out really good, like they always have in the past. These people really know how to party.

I am STOKED to talk to y'all on Christmas day:)) Actually, I have mixed feelings of excitement and nervousness because this time next year, I will have already come home and finished another semester at BYU. My mission is on the downward slope and that makes me really sad because I love it so very much. I try not to think about it too much. I have met some wonderful people here. I will miss everyone.

Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Hermana Moss :)













No comments:

Post a Comment