Saturday, June 4, 2016

Week 66 May 30, 2016 Last Zone Conference with President Cannon!

Hola familia!!

Welp, this week was successful in the way of numbers and visits. Being in Nampa is hard because it tests my patience and my mental stability, but onward I must go. So don't be surprised if I come home  brain dead from exhaustion haha!  I wouldn't trade it for the world though.

Wednesday we had zone conference and it was fantastic. President Cannon addressed us about getting the gospel inside us and in particular he talked about the story of Peter who walked on water toward the Savior. Where were the rest of the apostles when this was happening? They were back in the boat and Peter was the only one with enough faith to get out and actually TRY! After Peter began to sink, Jesus picked him up and they didn't swim back, they WALKED back together! This important detail caught my attention because there are times where I completely fail at life, but He is always there to lift me up and help me conquer my trials when I try and ask for help. This totally reminds me of the poem, Footprints in the Sand, and thankfully I have it here with me.


"One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with the Lord
Across the sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to the Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
Especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
There was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
“Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You’d walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
There was only one set of footprints.
I don’t understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me.”

He whispered, “My precious child, I love you and would never leave you.
During your trials and sadness.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you.”


This will be President Cannon's last conference that he will conduct as our mission president.. It's so sad that he's leaving the INM! On a more surprising note, the Boise mission is being split and we are inheriting half of it in July along with a new MP! This also means that we are gaining the Meridian Temple!!! Gah I'm so excited! The only disappointing part is that the temple won't be finished until next year, after I go home.  Look's like I'll be visiting once it is done:)

After the conference, we went on exchanges with some sisters in the Nampa West Zone, it was fun being with them and working in their area.

Friday we had the English Class graduation for the people we help teach English to. They were so cute.  Some of them gave their speeches in English.  I wonder if I sounded like them when I was trying to speak Spanish? haha!

Saturday we had a tracting blitz activity that went really well. I normally hate tracting because it is not the best way to find people to teach, but we started talking to a few people and it was great!

Welp familia! I love y'all and don't forget that there is an hermana misionera praying for you!


Hermana Moss:)
















No comments:

Post a Comment