Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 68 June 13, 2016 Transfer Week, Goodbye to Elder Santos, Miracles for Veronica & Aurora has a baby boy!

Hola familia!

Phew I finished this transfer! 11 down, 1 and a half to go! I can do this:) I am excited for another go round with Hermana Vujich in Nampa, we are going to have a lot of changes come soon and I am glad that I will be working alongside President Cannon and his wife during this time of transitions. 

Tuesday we went to go see our investigator, Aurora, who was pregnant, and good news! She gave birth to a healthy baby boy, Antonio. He is so beautiful, precious, and straight outta heaven!! While we were visiting with her, we met her husband,  who made it back just in time to witness the birth of his 5th child!! Talk about divine inspiration!! We are now trying to teach both of them, but we are going to need a lot of prayers to help them keep commitments. 

Wednesday we had our last district meeting for the transfer. It was centered on Christlike attributes. I have heard this training a million times, but this time I was really touched by the sincerity of some of the comments of our district leader. This transfer, I have been somewhat lackadaisical in participating in our lessons and other things because my companion is a native speaker, but when I am with an english-speaking comp, my spanish really starts to flow better.  I have set a new goal for myself to always participate and try my hardest to pitch in at all times. 

Thursday we had another amazing miracle! Another one of our investigators, Veronica, has been struggling to make ends meet. She just found a new job but needs to sell her car to pay for her ability to work, but needs her car to get to work.  We have been doing all we could to get help for her, but nothing was coming through.  Later on, while we were at another appointment, we got a call from her saying that she ran into an old friend that loaned her the money just in time!!!  She has been so faithful in coming to church and paying attention in all the lessons, we are so excited that she had this miracle and that she sees the good in continuing investigating the church!!

Friday we had a service activity planned with our zone but we got hung up talking with RM's Homer and Hendrix! They came all the way from Logan, Utah to visit the mission! It was so sweet of them to stop and say hello, it was a wonderful surprise!  Later that evening, we had a Father's Day activity with the Spanish ward! The missionaries were in charge of the games and we played with all the kids and their fathers. The first one was a water balloon toss challenge/race. The next one was a relay race passing an egg only using a spoon! It was so fun to see the kids attempt to go fast, but they always ended up either dropping the egg or bursting the water balloon. 

Saturday morning we got transfer calls! I was happy to learn that I will be staying with Vujich,  I'm sad because a lot of my friends are going home soon. Gahh!! I feel like a dinosaur hoping to get hit by a meteor because all of my friends are already extinct!  I shouldn't say that because it sounds like I want to go home, but on the contrary, I love my mission and I would do anything for 6 more months. Saturday around noon we threw a little goodbye get-together for Elder Santos who will be going home on Tuesday. We will miss him, he was a hard-working elder and a good friend to me!

Welp familia! I love y'all! Remember that there is an herman a misionera praying for you!!

I love you!  Happy Father's Day Dad.  You're the best Dad in the world!

Hermana Moss:)











No comments:

Post a Comment