Friday, November 6, 2015

Week 36 November 2, 2015

Hola familia!

As the weeks go by, I am slowly starting to realize that my mission is coming to an end faster than I thought it would. Being the last week of the transfer, its hard to believe that the next transfer will be my halfway mark. I feel like there is still so much to learn and I have to use all the time I have left to absorb and study as much as I possibly can. There won't be another time in my life where I am 100 percent devoted to the Lord 24/7.  I simply cannot bear the thought of finishing my mission soon. 

We went on exchanges on Monday again, so I was with Sister Eckery while Hern went with Sister Pearce in her area. We made the most delicious pies at a member's house! We got to eat dinner and then watch and participate while the pie-man showed us how it was done! I am a pie making and eating expert now!  We had so much fun.

We meet with an investigator named Rosa and her family. For the past couple of weeks we have been teaching them the lessons. They are so cool! They do a really good job of reading the homework we give them and they are learning so much about the gospel. In the most recent lesson, we invited them to be baptized, and they kinda of accepted on the pretense of them learning a little bit more so they can be sure of what they are doing. I have faith that they will learn more and desire to be baptized, but the only problem is that they are going to be in Mexico for the next 6 weeks / a whole transfer!!
This happens all the time- and I have no idea why that is!  For some reason, as soon as we get close to baptizing them, everyone decides to move back to Mexico and go back to their old church that they have been inactive in for the past 20 years or they decide to listen to us but not really want to make or keep commitments...It's sooo frustrating!! They are full of excuses too..my favorite one and the most common is 'si Dios quiere' or 'si Dios me permite' hahaha!! 

On a more positive note, Jovany is doing really well. We just taught him Chastity, Word of Wisdom, and Tithing. He has decided to move back his baptismal date to the 21st, because I guess he felt the pressure of the closeness of his baptism- which is perfectly okay. I would much rather baptize someone when they feel ready rather than push them into the water and have them go inactive. He is already seeing the struggle in his family to stand up for what he believes. The rest of his family are members of and attend the local apostolic church and try to convince him how our church is false. I was so surprised when he told us that he, not even a member yet, is defending the church! I can't quite read him too well, but so far from what I see, he is all in and knows what we teach him is true. He continues to pray, attend church with us and read the scriptures. He will be very important to the church one day. Heavenly Father is blessing him in ways he doesn't understand yet.

Saturday was Halloween! I'm sure everybody had a great night and lots of fun trick or treating... meanwhile in Caldwell, Idaho it was cold and uneventful for us haha!  We were not allowed to stay out past 6 pm.. so Hern and I spent the night watching church movies and eating popcorn until bedtime. I almost wish I had done something more productive, but I needed that girls night in.  haha


Anyways! I love you familia! and I miss you tons!!

Hermana Moss :)





No comments:

Post a Comment