Wednesday, August 12, 2015

August 10, 2015 Week 24

Hola familia!

This week went super fast, and it was full of activities.  Sorry for my brevity this week as it is getting harder and harder to write long letters.  Last Monday we dropped off a get well basket for a woman in our ward who just had surgery. She was really appreciative and It felt so good to care for her. Any little thing I can do to lift someone's spirits is my priority and will always be. I am so grateful for the capacity to love everyone that I serve. 

This Wednesday we went on exchanges. I got to spend the day with my "grandma", Hermana Carrasco! She trained Sister Guti.  She is reserved and really caring.  I love the her atmosphere and although I do not serve alongside her in Nampa, she is an obedient and hard working missionary and I love her!  Hopefully, I will get to work around her more often.

We visited Emily this week and invited her to baptism, which she accepted!  I am excited for her and her choice to come unto Christ and be perfected in him. As soon as we left the appointment, I wonder if Emily understands what she is getting into. As far as she knows, she accepted baptism, but she doesn't realize that she said yes to a whole new life! A wonderful life!  Hern is a convert herself and having some background of her own, she reassured me that as long as she sticks with it, and as long as we do our very best at fellow shipping her and teaching her, she will catch on. It is going to be a long road to her full conversion. There is an old Chinese proverb that says the journey of a thousand miles begins with one footstep. Our Prophets call it line upon line, precept upon precept.  I marvel at the fact that people convert everyday, and that long road starts with a single step, being baptism. Oh what a fabulous journey is in store for her. 

Thursday, we did some yard work/service for Lupita. Afterwards, she bought pizza for us all! My taste buds have changed-- it is now weird for me not to eat pizza with hot sauce. ha ha! Lupita is Carlos' mom, and although she can't get baptized, she does a spectacular job supporting her son in his steps to baptism. Normally for an investigator to get baptized, they have to come to church at least twice, so when Carlos didn't come to church yesterday, we started to panic. We made several calls up the chain of command to ask president Cannon if we should proceed with his baptism, and he gave us the green light!  WHEW!  After church, we went to four different dinners.. We eat good!  

This is the last week of the transfer.. where did it go? It went by way too fast. I hope I can stay and do some good in Caldwell with Hermana Hernandez for a couple more transfers. :) 

Welp! Have a blessed week familia! I love y'all.

Hermana Moss













No comments:

Post a Comment