Monday, July 4, 2016

June 27, 2016 Week 70 Exchanges with Ontartio Sisters, District Meeting,

Hola familia!

This week we had lots of service opportunities, love these opps to serve! 

Tuesday we went to our ZL's service activity with the Primary kids!! We were asked to man 3 different stations they had all set up. The first was making little tags for all of them, then pretending to give them mission calls, at the second.  We helped them write letters to the missionaries serving from their ward, and at the third station, they got to eat some food featured from different countries around the world. It was so cute to be the guests of honor at this activity, all the kids looked up to us, literally! The closing song we sang was Armies of Helaman, and I stood up to sing it because I love that song so much. Although I was the only one out of 15 or so missionaries that stood up, I sang it proudly! I am a product of Primary and Young Woman success, I would NOT be here if it weren't for my dedicated leaders and teachers in my ward and stake. They have my profound thanks for helping me become the person I am today. Sometimes I wonder if they only knew how much of an impact they had, and I encourage all of them to keep up the good work, it makes a difference.  Afterward we went to see Melissa at her home. It was a bit awkward at first because we showed up without having set an appointment, but we stayed and visited for 2 hours!!  She is married to a member and has received the lessons several times, but she is waiting to be sure she wants to get baptized for the right reasons and not because everybody wants her to. Heavenly Father has been working with her for a long time, and she sees that getting baptized is definitely one of the things she needs to do, I am glad that she has the ability to recognize promptings fro the Holy Ghost and follows them! 

Wednesday morning we got up early and went for a walk with Pres and Sister Cannon! It was fun being with them and seeing them in non pros clothes. They are so awesome and we will miss them dearly.

Thursday we had another service activity and then we had exchanges with the Ontario sisters!! Vujich went with Webb in Ontario and her greenie, Hermana Rosales, came with me to Nampa!  We tried to see lots of people, but for some reason every exchange I have been on, nobody is home!  We ended up going to see Jeanet and when we got there she was super busy with her daycare business so for the first while we helped her clean dishes and make food for the kids until some of them got picked up and we were able to sit down with her. Knowing her since I was in Caldwell, I have a solid relationship with her. She was baptized with her family a long time ago, but has gone inactive due to falling out of the habit of coming to church every Sunday and has made some not so good choices.  Having wanted to address these things for a long time now, I waited until I was prompted to say anything. Turns out that that time was now! Speaking with words beyond my own, I allowed the Spirit to work through me. Tears running down her face we made a deal with her to help her get back on track again, starting with Church every Sunday. Which she came to!  I am so proud of her. If I didn't love her like I do, I wouldn't try so hard to get her to come closer to Christ. 

Friday we went to Ontario to exchange back and we also stayed for their district meeting. It was awesome! The district leader set up a situation where we all worked together to do a role play for one of his friends back home. It was so spiritual uplifting!!  

Sunday we taught Sharing Time in Primary about listening to the Spirit. Those kids are smart and I feel like I learn more from them that I actually teach. 


Welp familia! I love y'all! Don't forget there is an hermana misionera praying for you!!

Hermana Moss:)










-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment