Thursday, July 28, 2016

July 25, 2016 Week 74 Last transfer, Investigator family comes to church, Happy Birthday Guti!

Hola familia!

This week was slow because it was my last transfer, but it was interesting because for the first time in a long time I wasn’t thinking or worrying about transfers!!!  I love my mission and everything about it, but I am about ready to come home.  However, if I was given another chance to go back out and start all over again, I would do it in a heartbeat!!!

On Tuesday I worked on MyPlan. This week it had me focused on self reliance. I loved a quote from it by Gordon B. Hinckley that I want to share, "You are moving into the most competitive age the world has ever known. All around you is competition. You need all the education you can get. Sacrifice a car; sacrifice anything that is needed to be sacrificed to qualify yourselves to do the work of the world. That world will in large measure pay you what it thinks you are worth, and your worth will increase as you gain education and proficiency in your chosen field. You have a mandate of the Lord to educate your minds, your hearts and your hands.”  This is going to be hard!!  The classes I am going to have to take are so hard, but I know that if I work hard and rely on the Lord, it will all work out. Afterward Vujich and I went to one of our new favorite restaurants called Tangos!! It is an Argentinian place that sells amazing empanadas, Dad, I am sure you could relate.  (I may have mentioned this in my last email, but it is so dang good that it is worth mentioning it again.) 

SHOUTOUT to Guti because Tuesday was her birthday!!! Wednesday we got a box together to send to Guti for her birthday!! 

Thursday we met up with Hermana Nora from Caldwell to help her choose a wedding dress. She and Juan are looking to have a small wedding before they go to Mexico. 

Friday we went to Ontario to surprise Webb at her last district meeting!!! They tried to get away with not singing God Be With you for the closing hymn but I insisted!!!! Props though, there was not a tear shed, not even from me!!! Then we had lunch with Dawn, Cena and the Websters. Gosh I miss them!! 

Saturday we got transfer calls, and I'm staying for my last 3 weeks with Hermanas Smith and Nichols!!!! Vujich is getting transferred to Ontario with Rosales and will be training!!!! Way to go Vujich! Then we spent the rest of the day packing and visiting people so they could say goodbye to Vujich. Sad times. I have come to truly love Hermana Vujich, this transfer went by way too fast for us!! 

Sunday we had a new investigator family come to church with Jeanet and Star! She was the same woman we did service for and when we came by to visit a week later, we invited her to church and she came!!

 I’ll end this with a funny saying I learned this week from some elders:

The Church is true
The Book is blue
God is Mormon, and so should you!!! hahahaha:))

Welp familia, I love y'all! Take care and know that there is an hermana misionera is praying for you everyday!!


Hermana Moss:))







No comments:

Post a Comment