Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 63 May 9th, 2016 Mother's Day, Zone Conference, MLC, DLC Meetings.

Hola familia!!

This week started out rough, but amazing in many ways! 

Monday was quiet, particularly because I left Ontario, a place that holds a big piece to my heart. After emailing and grocery shopping, we went home to get some housework done. In the process, the closet door I opened completely fell off and it caused a bit of craziness between us and the member we live with. This and missing Ontario made me feel a bit down. So p-day was rough.

Tuesday was better, we helped a family in the Spanish ward move. Later that day Vuiich and I got a blessing from Pres Cannon. It was exactly what I needed to lift my spirits. 

Wednesday we had a MLC in Caldwell. It was a long meeting that lasted over 6 hours... I love being in leadership because we work alongside Pres Cannon a lot which is very rewarding, but the meetings challenge my ability to focus for long periods of time, haha! 

Thursday I was able to see the Palominos Family!!  I was so excited to learn that they are in my new area so we will definitely be visiting them frequently. Fond memories of this family make the move that much easier. 

Friday we had a zone meeting. We were asked to give a training on developing our divine potential. We came prepared to read and discuss a devotional that was included in the Timeless Treasures by Elder Tad R. Callister. Even though most of our preparation was last minute, it turned out great and we had a lot of participation. The Nampa North zone has good, hardworking missionaries and I can see a lot of success coming from our tiny zone! Friday evening there was a Mother's Day activity in the Spanish ward. It was fun to get to meet and mingle with the members. It's also interesting because I already know a bunch of them from exchanges. 

Saturday we were invited to the DLC meeting for the other Nampa zone, since we cover the sisters in that zone as well. It was the first DLC I have been to that was actually productive! (There is a quote from Boyd K. Packer that P Cannon likes to repeat, "It takes an awfully good meeting to beat no meeting at all." And DLC's are by definition the most unproductive meetings ever.)  Saturday evening we went back to Ontario for Juan Meza's baptism!!! It filled me with so much joy to see him wearing white in the baptismal font. I knew he would eventually be baptized when he was ready, but I did NOT expect it to happen when I was still on my mission! I kid y'all not, I have been praying and fasting for him for more than a year now. I truly have a testimony that miracles DO happen and that prayers ARE answered. This family is on their way to a Temple sealing in a year, and I will not miss it for the world! 

Sunday was my first in this area and it surprised me to see almost he entire chapel filled with people! It was certainly new for me because Ontario and Caldwell both struggle to fill the room even on a good day. We were asked to teach sharing time in Primary last minute about Joseph Smith and the Restoration. I love working with kids because they have such a brightness to them and a spirit that you can feel strongly. Then after church we had dinner and we called home for Mother's day! It was so nice to talk to y'all and to see your faces! 

Welp familia! I love y'all. Remember that there is an hermana misionera praying for you!!

Hermana Moss :)

Happy Mother's Day!!
5/8/16

New Companion















No comments:

Post a Comment