Monday, December 14, 2015

December 14th, 2015 Week 42 Ingrown Toe

Hola familia!

This week went really well! It was Hermana Collins' last week and we spent some extra time at home so she could pack and get all her other things organized. I am going to miss her a lot! All her quirks and little things she would say to make me laugh. I am so glad I will see her again at BYU, she is a keeper :) We are already planning to go country dancing on club nights and do temple sessions on Saturday mornings! 

We also spent extra time at home because on Wednesday, I went to the podiatrist to get an ingrown out:( I've had it for the past month and I just thought it would go away like all the other ones I've had in the past, but this one was really bad haha! It was kind of cool though, the day I called to get an appointment they scheduled me to come within an hour! Maybe it's just because Caldwell is a small town, but I count my blessings when I see them. As soon as the doctor came in to examine my toe, he said "You've been doing bathroom surgery huh?" I thought that was funny that he knew all of my secrets haha! Anyway the procedure was somewhat gruesome. A nurse came in to freeze spray it, then gave me not one, but TWO shots to numb me. Then 20 minutes later when my toe was the size of a small potato, the doctor came in with industrial looking clippers and a sort of rectangular shaped razor blade. I got dizzy looking at it, I even think Collins got a little woozy too as she was holding my hand. The doctor also injected some chemical burn at my request so that the ingrown will never come back. It was over faster then I thought it would, and within 8 minutes I was walking out of there. As y'all can imagine, I still struggle to walk straight, but that doesn't slow me down. There are people the Lord needs me to visit, and my toe isn't gonna stop me! 

Saturday we got transfer calls! Guess what?  I'm staying for another go round here in Caldwell! Spanish sisters will soon go extinct because there are only 9 of us now, and Collins going home doesn't help:(  I am super excited to be with my new comp, Sister Smith.  She actually got called to English speaking, but President  Cannon thought it best to move her to Spanish with me, which never happens to all but 1 out of 100 missionaries. We have a lot in common so far: she is half Mexican, loves Mexican food, the people, and she also learned Spanish in high school instead of at home. President also told me to take an extra hour with Smithy to help her learn Spanish and help her retrain and adjust to her new situation. This is huge! I feel so honored to re-train a sister in Spanish! I know we will see BIG miracles, and I can't wait to get started!!

So for Collins' last day, she wanted to go tracting. It was pretty cool, out of 6 houses, 3 of them said to come back and seemed pretty interested.  Most of the houses we went to had a beware of dog sign, but they are mostly just a lawn decoration. The last house we knocked had one and we went up to it like it was nothing, but this sign was true to its word!!! These people had a huge pit bull that snarled and barked at us, normally I'm not scared of dogs but this one meant business. The gate barely held together and we did our best to hold it closed while the dog went crazy trying to get at us. The first moment that we could escape we ran!  I never thought something like this would happen because everyone is pretty nice to us, but I guess I can expect anything now.  I didn't know I could run that fast! lol.

Welp familia! Have a great semana! Do well in school, study hard, and have fun! Congrats Elijah for getting into BYUI! I'm so proud of you!



I love you all so much.

Hermana Moss:)



No comments:

Post a Comment