Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 30 September 21, 2015

Hola familia!

These week went by super fast compared to the last 2 weeks! It started out with zone conference on Tuesday. We had Elder Grow, from the seventy come and address us. He was not originally supposed to come, but he was sent on special assignment to replace the other seventy who couldn't make it. In preparation for the conference, we had to take a questionnaire that asked us about our success and weaknesses in our areas, including our companionships as how effective we have been as missionaries.  So during the conference, he whipped us into shape in the kindest way possible! It was an eye opener, and I realized more than a few things that I need to change. By the end, Hern and I knew that we are loved by Elder Grow and that he only wants the best for us and the mission. It was also fun to see Hawn and Guti again! Aww the sweet memories that flowed! There is nothing like the love of seeing people you have served with and have been through so much in such a short amount of time together.  I am grateful for the friendships that I have made thus far on my mission. :)

This week we saw a woman in the Spanish Relief Society who just had surgery because she broke her arm. I loved visiting with her, she is so funny! She also reminded me a lot of Grandma Nellie, the resemblance and everything!. I have been thinking about grandma Nellie a lot lately. I know she is all the way in California, but I pray for her. In a way, she is much closer to heaven because of her health and how close she is to the veil than any of us, and I hope that she is welcomed back home with open arms when the time comes for her to depart this world. My heart is full of love for her, and I can't wait to see her again and talk to her and hug her. 

On Friday we went to a baptism in Nampa for Hern. Interesting story, although she is not in the area, she and her old comp that used to teach this family have been forgoing  desserts so that they can be baptized. But it has been very difficult for Hern to refuse desserts since people here bake and cook so well! This sacrifice for her has been going on for a while, and finally one of the daughters of this family was baptized. This was not only a little miracle for Hern, but it showed me that I have been severely underestimating the power of fasting. During Zone conference, I was talking with Guti and she told me that Eva, one of our converts, hasn't been to church since she's been baptized! This took me by surprise, and it came with such a blow to my heart because I love her so much and I want her to be there in church every week to take the sacrament and to be edified by the Spirit! So I decided to fast for Eva and a few different families for the next month so that they can receive blessings too. I pray that the Lord will hear my prayers that they might have a change of heart, and want to come to church. 

Like I said, this week was super busy! We received 9 referrals from our Zone Leaders!! Normally, it is best to visit the referrals within 24 hours, and of course it was on the hottest days that we were out knocking on those doors to contact these people. Haha- it made me feel like an old fashioned missionary! We also had success in having a few of our investigators come to church! This is normally the hardest part--they believe the gospel is true and they are willing to be baptized, but they struggle to get to church every Sunday. It is hard for people to give three hours of their time on Sunday, but oh is it worth it.  It's frustrating, but we were very excited to see them walk through the doors of the building and see the members take initiative and come up and shake their hand and make them feel welcomed. I love this when members feel inclined to fellowship newcomers.

Since mom sent me "Miracle of Forgiveness", I have been reading it diligently after my BOM study. I found something I thought was very true; Spencer W. Kimball told a story of when he was a boy he used to take care of a farm bull. He said that it would constantly charge him, and to stop it he would yank the ring it had in it's nose. Then he related it to us being enslaved to Satan when we sin, forced to obey the master of our actions and receive the consequences of our decisions. But just as it says in Matthew 6:24, says
¶ No man can serve two masters : for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon . 
We cannot expect to be liberated from the chains of Lucifer when we make bad choices! So next time y'all come across a difficult situation, think of what the consequences are. I sure will!!

Have a blessed week everyone! love y'all!

Hermana Moss




No comments:

Post a Comment