Tuesday, September 29, 2015

August 28, 2015 Week 31

Hola familia!

This has been a good week overall, but I had some moments of sadness too. I get sad when I cannot understand what someone are saying in spanish.  I get so disappointed in myself.  We started out the week going to a Bishop's meeting on Tuesday. It had a slightly different feel to it since most of the missionaries won't be attending next week because they are completing their missions at the end of this transfer. Bishop took this opportunity to address these missionaries about marriage and family. It was kinda awkward for the rest of us since we aren't even close to going home... or getting married for that matter haha!  He was a former mission president in the Dominican Republic and when one of his missionary's fiancĂ© contacted him and asked if he was a good, honest, and hardworking missionary. To that, he was glad to report all the fond memories of this particular missionary.  I liked what he said and I think I will do the same when it comes time for me to get hitched. 

On Monday, we went to the Montelongo's to celebrate Lalo's Birthday. He turned 4!! I love that little boy with all  my heart and their entire family as well!!!  Lalo's mom is going through the temple in two months and I am so excited for her. On Wednesday, we had a service project at Zaugg's stacking hay and organizing wood piles. I really enjoyed it, and it's always fun to do service. 

Saturday was a pretty hectic day.. Right around 8 am, we went to the church to be with the other Spanish missionaries to listen to transfer calls. And good news!  Me and Hern are staying together!!! And even more good news, Hern was made STL and Sister Hawn is coming to Caldwell!  It was really exciting and a sure answer to prayers.  It is going to be the best transfer ever!! Then later that day, we watched General Women's Conference. I have been praying to receive specific answers about some things that I have been pondering, and  Sister Linda S. Reeves was the speaker who touched my heart the most. I got some pretty powerful inspiration and it absolutely brought me to tears. General Conference is the greatest thing ever and I am so excited for this coming weekend!! 

This week in my personal study I finished Jacob 6. In verses 5-12, Jacob is imploring the Nephites to repent and come unto Christ in humility.  He also poses a few questions, but the one I liked most was from verse 6 
"Yea, today, if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts; for why will ye die? " Jacob doesn't just ask why we die... physically, but spiritually as well!  When we sin, we distance ourselves from the love and blessings of our Heavenly Father, and we become a servant of Satan
Welp familia, I am out of time.  I love you all and hope y'all get as much out of General Conference as possible!

Hermana Moss :)









No comments:

Post a Comment