Tuesday, July 7, 2015

July 6, 2015 Week 18

Hola Familia!

This week literally everything happened... I don't even know where to begin because it went by so fast that my brain is still spinning. So I'll just spearhead this email by saying that on Tuesday we got a call from Eva requesting that she be baptized the next day!!! We all gasped with excitement that she received a prompting to be baptized.  So we organized a super small baptism for Wednesday, and she was baptized by one of the newer elders, Elder Bauro.  The service itself was so full of the Spirit and we were  so happy for her.  She was confirmed with the Holy Ghost yesterday at church and I was beaming with joy for her.  She is a great example of a woman who recognizes the spirits’ prompting and follows it.  I love Eva!

We had lunch with the Pofelski family from Texas!  Them got to meet my companions! They took us to Denny's and we had such a great time talking and reminiscing about good ol' Sienna Plantation. I really appreciated their visit.  It is nice knowing that we aren't forgotten and people still remember us back home. 

Friday night was Patricia and Alfredo's wedding!  We spent all week planning for the food and shopping for decorations and calling the relief societies to borrow their decorations. It was a massive undertaking, but we were more than willing to plan it for them.  I had so much fun decorating the church gym and coordinating like a real wedding planner!  I think I may have found a new talent of mine- I love planning weddings! haha!  Anyway, the actual wedding was so fun! Most of their immediate family was there and some members came too!  It was a success!  They were a happy couple and are now looking forward to their future and work toward their goal of being sealed in the temple for time and all eternity. They make me so happy!  I can't wait to see their progression and witness their lives change for the bette. 

On Saturday we had transfer calls. Sister Hawn, Sister Guti, and I all thought we would be staying together because the Spanish sisters in the mission are only about 12 strong right now and more than half of them are in the middle of their training.  When you are training, you normally train for twelve weeks with your trainer.  Plus the work in Ontario is so busy- we have about 8 or 9 baptisms for the month of July. So naturally, we thought that we would be staying together, so when we got the call, we were surprised to learn that Sister Guti was being transferred to Nyssa and I was being transferred to Caldwell!  We immediately started bawling, because I am going to miss my comps so much!  When you spend 24/7 with them, you get to know them really well and you get really attached.  I have only spent 2 transfers in Ontario, which is about 3 months, and it’s not enough time to get close to the members or our investigators. It was especially upsetting to say goodbye to everyone on Saturday and Sunday, I was sad to realize that the people I think about constantly and try my hardest to share my heart with don’t even know my name.  I feel like I haven't impacted anyone because I haven't been there long enough. I know the Lord knows best and does things for a reason. I may not have impacted as many people as I wanted to in Ontario, maybe I was there to be impacted by them and that's why I was there. I hope I will get another opportunity to serve again in Ontario because I left a big piece of my heart with the people there.

On the 4th of July, we were asked to be home by 6:30 p.m. because of the dangerous aspects of the holiday where people will be messing around with fireworks and driving unsafely.  So we came home after visiting people and started packing for our transfers.

In my study of the BOM this week I was particularly focused on how we are saved by grace through the atonement of Jesus Christ. And after talking with my companions and eventually asking Brother Mills about it, I learned that the atonement serves two purposes: to save us from sin and help us to become more Christlike.  It is an equation, we have to submit our will and try to be like Him AND keep our covenants and endure to the end so that we can live with our Heavenly Father. Grace is so important for us, we must realize that it fulfills the payment that Heavenly Father required and we must exercise our agency and allow ourselves to be changed by it, and when we do, we leave behind our faults and shortcomings and fulfill God's commandment too, 'Be ye therefore perfect, as your father in heaven who is perfect'.  It makes more sense in my head and in my notebook where I have all my things written down. Haha!  so sorry because that was half explained.

I am running out of time, but I hope everyone is doing well!  No pictures again.  Next week I promise!

I love y'all!

Hermana Moss

No comments:

Post a Comment