Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Email, April 27, 2015


Email, April 27, 2015

 Familia!

This week went by fast!  I can't believe it’s almost May.  Thanks so much for the package!  When I got it, I opened it and smelled it in hopes that it would remind me of home -- and it did!   I have a hard time getting up in the mornings.  I firmly believe that alarm clocks and jogging are of the devil!  And both of them together make for a very grumpy Hermana Moss in the morning!!

This week we visited a lot of people.  Quick update on Patricia -- she is progressing well.  We don't know if she lives with her boyfriend and we are worried that she won’t be able to get baptized unless she addresses her living arrangements.  But other than that she is doing well and we have adjusted her baptismal date to the 16th in order to have more time to teach her and her boyfriend.  They are on different levels of comprehension so that's why we have to take it a little slower for us to teach both of them at the same time.  She and her boyfriend came to church yesterday!

We have another Investigator named Maria, but we call her Chayo.  She is our golden investigator.  Turns out her boyfriend has gone back home for a year.  Seems like the Lord is directing things to make sure she is ready and worthy to receive our lessons.  In our last discussion with her, she opened up about everything that was on her mind.  We love her so much!  She is so humble and this church would help her in so many ways!  She came to church and brought her little boys too!!  Others of our recent converts and less actives came to church as well.  Things are progressing and it’s so exciting!!

This week also made me realize how blessed I am to have been raised by parents who taught me the gospel.  I say this because in most homes we visit, people don't have the same experience that I had and it is so depressing to find out that they were mistreated, some even abused verbally, physically, sexually, and mentally.  This sort of wickedness in our day and age was foretold by our prophets new and old.  As I listen to all these sad stories, I feel it must bring God himself to tears to watch.  It makes me so sad at night when I pray for our investigators.  Please pray for these people; if we don't, nobody else will, and they need all the help they can get.

This past Friday we had zone meeting.  This is different from Zone Conference.  It was great!  All of our district leaders participated in the training and it was so great!  I was so edified and I was given many things to ponder as a new missionary.  BTW, I am still considered a Greenie until my next transfer.  Ha-ha.

We are fed by members and investigators alike!  God BLESS the families that feed the missionaries all around the world!!  I encourage everyone back home to take a turn feeding the missionaries -- it benefits everyone and we love getting to know all the members individually!!  If we don't have a dinner appointment, we have to go out and scavenge/hunt for our food (chiste [joking])!  But yes, feed the missionaries!

This week I was also really strengthened from my study of El Libro de Mormon.  It takes me a long time to make sure I understand everything I read and also to ponder the deeper meaning.  I have been pondering particularly in the first book of Nephi, starting in chapter 8, where it talks about Lehi's vision of the Tree of Life.  I have learned that people don't just lose their grip of the iron rod, they want to let go of it!  Just like when people leave the church, they want to leave the church and it’s not because they simply forget!  Not only this, investigators won’t taste of the fruit of the tree until they hold onto the iron rod and follow the path!  This made me think of another one of our investigators.  She has felt the power of the gospel from our testimonies and STILL refuses to make an appropriate effort to come to Christ, and yet she wonders why she hasn't tasted the fruit of the Tree?!?!  It’s sad and baffling, really.  Anyway, I am always excited to learn what the Spirit will teach me in my studies next!

Have a good week everyone!!  I love and miss y'all bunches!!!

Hermana Moss :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment