Friday, April 17, 2015

Email, April 15, 2015

Hola familia!

WOW!  So much has happened to me these past couple days . . . where do I even begin?

Welp, let’s start off with my last Sunday at the CCM.  It was bittersweet.  Lots of devotionals and inspiring words throughout the day, so that part was great.  We, as a district, got to take lots of pictures with our branch presidency, which I will send.  But the end of the day was rough!  The movie we watched was the Testaments, and it’s probably my favorite church movie, especially at the end where Christ visits the Americas.  I followed along with my scriptures in 3 Nephi and I just bawled.  Right after, we watched our farewell slideshow and it was so hard to watch.  To end that meeting we sang Para Siempre Dios Este Con Vos, and me and my companeras all held hands in the air for the last 10 seconds.  Shortly thereafter, all the districts that were leaving were asked to stay and have a short testimony meeting.  Of course I shared along with all of the other missionaries in my district -- all are so amazing.  By the time the testimony meeting ended it was 9:45 and time to get ready for bed, but our district went back to our classroom and our Elders gave all the Hermanas blessings.  I got mine from Elder Jordan and it was exactly what I needed to hear.  I was so impressed at how the Elders in our district exemplify someone who is worthy and who exercises the priesthood as they should.  That whole experience was the best I have had at the CCM.  It was so precious and the Spirit was so abundant.  It was extremely hard to say goodbye to all of them -- they are my family away from home.  I will miss them so much!

The next day was hard.  Most everyone had already left that morning around 4 am, all except for me and my companeras.  So we had to go through the daily schedule but were the only people in class.  It was a bit lonely and quite without the rest of our district.  UGHH! 

But the next day was eventful.  Primarily because we would finally be leaving the CCM and flying back to the USA.  I had to get up at 3:00 in the morning to finish packing and leave with all my stuff to catch the van that took us to the airport.  I had to say goodbye to my companions, Hermana Christensen and Hermana Nicholes, and it was really hard.  The whole time I was thinking of the song by Jason Aldean, "Just don't say goodbye, I hate the way it sounds...I’ll see you when I see you".  Come to think of it, I have never been good at goodbyes.  Do y'all remember when we used to live in California and whenever we would have to go back home after visiting Aunt Laura or Aunt Belinda I used to cry because I didn't want to leave?  Yep, I haven't changed a bit . . . I am the absolute worst at saying goodbye.  Change is not my forte.

It took 2 different flights from Mexico to Idaho.  The first was a 5-hour flight to San Francisco.  It was very turbulent.  Then I had a 4-hour layover, which was when I got to call home!  It took some serious courage to work up the nerve to ask a stranger to allow me to use their cell phone.  But it did it!  I’m glad I got to talk to you Mom and Dad!  Even though it was only a short conversation, hearing y'all's voice was music to my ears :).  Then, my flight to Boise was only an hour, which was great.  I got off the plane and went through to baggage claim and was met by President Cannon and Sister Cannon!  They are such amazing people and I love them so much already!  They remind me of beloved grandparents of mine.  I know I will just love them and look up to them and listen to all their advice.

Once I got my luggage, we went to a stake center building nearly 30 minutes away where I met . . . *pause for dramatic effect* . . . My companions (plural)!!!  That's right -- I am in another trio!  Who would've thunk!  Hermana Gutierrez, who is a native speaker, and Hermana Hawn, who is a recent convert herself.  We all fit together like peas and carrots, as Forrest Gump would say.  When I met them, I felt like Dug, the dog from the Disney movie “Up” -- "I have just met you, and I love you!" :)

I can't wait to get started with these wonderful sisters!  I know I am just going to love being a missionary and I am going to love those I serve!  God loves me because He blessed me with kind, obedient, and hard working companions.

Hope everyone had a good week!  Love,

Hermana Moss
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment