Monday, March 21, 2016

March 21, 2016 Week 56 Transfers Done! I'm staying!

Hola familia!


This week was literally the most stressful of my entire life. But on the bright side, I have defeated my transfer, always gotta look for the positive.  :)


We have been so busy seeing people this week and trying to get them to take pictures with Eko.. Pobrecita (poor thing), she doesn't want to go home and it is like the carpet is being pulled from right under her feet. I can totally see myself in her shoes in the next 5 months, and it makes me sick to my stomach. I loved being with Eko, but I hated sending her home. I never want my mission to be over.


Thursday, she had her temple trip and I was in a trio with Guti and Sister Eckery in Nampa!! I had so much fun there!  First we went to help teach an English class, then we discussed the bible with some Pentecostals, after that, we had dinner and a lesson with a less active and her husband who is not a member.  It was so cute how he opened up and shared parts of the 1st lesson with us.  The Spirit was so strong that it moved all of us to tears. I haven't had a lesson like that in a long time. It's experiences like these that lead me to come out on a mission. I can't imagine how my life would be if I decided not to serve a mission, this has been such a pivotal part of my life that I will cherish and never forget.


Saturday we got transfer calls...(drum roll)  I am staying in Ontario as an STL!  My new companion's name is Hermana Webb!!  I am excited to be with her and see some great miracles, I have a feeling this is going to be an even greater transfer than the last!!  I have been struggling trying to get what and who I want for this transfer, but through prayer I came to the quick and stress-free conclusion that I am going to do the Lord's will no matter who I am with.


Sunday was the day of all days, the day that Eko's parents came to sacrament meeting to pick her up. It was not as emotional as I expected it to be, but I shed tears thinking that it will be me some day soon.  It was so nice to be able to meet her folks and get to know them just a little bit.  Since she planned to be with her parents the rest of Sunday afternoon, I had to spend the evening with the English sisters until it was time to pick up Webb on Monday.  I had fun with them too and am so glad they didn't get transferred. Transfers are probably the worst things about a mission!! Change has always been hard for me, and even though things change all the time, I still haven't gotten used to it.


Today is the first day of Spring, which means that this coming Sunday is Easter! This time almost 2000 years ago, our Lord and Savior left the Garden tomb completely resurrected. Conquering physical and spiritual death, he offers us the greatest gift that money could never buy.  I appreciate this opportunity to remember Him and His sacrifice and share this message with others.  I invite y'all to watch the #Alelujah video the church came out with for this year's Easter message. (in Spanish of course)

Alright familia!  Have a great week.  I love you all! :)


Hermana Moss


Hermana Eko


I'm back!






No comments:

Post a Comment