Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 33 October 12, 2015

Hola familia!!

This week has been generally slow, although we put in a lot of work. I can't believe It's already October.. in just a few short weeks it will be Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas!!! AHHH!!! 

On Wednesday we had quarterly interviews with President Cannon. Hern advised me that I should come with questions for him so that I can get quick answers instead of going through the whole chain of command. So, I did.  I wrote down some questions that I had been pondering for some time now and asked President Cannon during my interview. I love my mission president! He is an honest, good man and I know that he is inspired to help us out everyday and help lead the work forward. He had a direct answer to every single one of my questions, and eased my mind about the little worries that I have been having. Before the interview, he asked us to fill out a paper where it asked us how obedient we are to the rules. I was completely honest on that paper and when he brought it out and looked it over, I wanted to crawl under a rock and die! I want President to think I am a good missionary, but with all of my faults out on the table I felt less that worthy. I now know exactly what it will be like when we reach the judgement bar unrepentantly.  And like Alma the Younger- unworthy before the judgement seat and helplessly inadequate. Just as Christ does, President Cannon loves each of us so much! He looked past my flaws and was able to look me in the eye and tell me that I was doing great! Haha!  I was thinking that he must not know that I am not exactly obedient, but it's a part of the learning process for me. Resolved to do better, I walked out of there confident, feeling that President was pleased with me and that I can conquer the world now. 

Wednesday night we had dinner with a family from the Caldwell 1st ward. They are a huge family!! They have 9 children, with ages ranging from infant to 15!! It was so fun to be with them and have dinner, it reminded me of being at grandma Diane's house when dad's brothers and sisters are all together. I love the feeling of it all, but it was extremely hard to keep track of what everybody was saying all at once. I want a big family myself, but maybe I'll just keep it to a nice number like 4 or 6, I am a strong believer in the buddy system!

On Thursday, Hern had a special training meeting to help her figure out her new responsibilities as STL. So, I went on exchanges with Hermana Carrasco and Sister Ealeson in Nampa!  It was a lot of fun, I especially love being with Hermana Carrasco- she is my trainer's trainer- or what we like to call grandma in missionary terms. :) We spent most of the day trying to contact referrals, but NONE of them were home!  It kind of soothed me a little bit to know that it isn't just me, when magically nobody is home when we door knock.  After knocking about 10 referral's doors, we gave up and got lunch at Wendy's. Then Gma C took us to this cool duck park where went on a 20 minute walk. It looked so much like Houston I couldn't believe it, so I took a whole bunch of photos for proof. 

Earlier this week we had to come and see how Lupita and Carlos were doing because it has literally been 3 weeks since we've seen them.. It was slightly awkward because of some things that went down 3 weeks ago. Long story short, their aunt was really mean to us and told us that Lupita never wanted to see us again. But we knew that wasn't true because Lupita has a good head on her shoulders- she is great at seeing both sides to a story before she comes to any conclusions. The aunt, although she is a member, she is inactive and has caused a lot of contention with us and her family. So we decided it was best to give it some time to settle down. On Friday we had breakfast with Lupita! She made us crazy amazing sandwiches that I have tried to replicate, but fail each time. Anyways, we had a very lovely time together and taught her about how to read and ponder the scriptures. I lover her and can't wait to see her next week :) 

This week I have been reading the book, "The Power of Everyday Missionaries" by Clayton M Christensen. It is sooo good! I strongly recommend it to every member of the church, every ward mission leader, and every pre- missionary/return missionary.  It puts into perspective how simple and glorious the work of salvation is. I will try this week to implement at least one of the ideas that I found in my reading and will report next week my results :) 

Welp! I love y'all!

Hermana Moss :)



















No comments:

Post a Comment